A site about me, and some English assignment.

Wednesday 21 January 2015

My Favorite Foods (and Drinks)

06:03 Posted by Unknown No comments
Good to see you again. The topic for this time is culinary but I will just write my favorite foods here since I know almost nothing about any interesting foods out here (sorry for my unadventurous stance in regard of foods).

Now, my taste includes spicy foods, both which mean "a lot of seasoning" and "hot". I'm going to rank my favorite foods from #3 to #1.

Number 3 : Lele (catfish)
Rice with catfish, tempeh, tofu, vegetables, and sambal

In case you didn't know, catfish is a thing in Indonesia. It became popular from around Middle Java in a cuisine called pecel lele (pecel food use peanut sauce mixed with variety of food). Then, it spread to other provinces or even islands. The advantages of lele fish is that the bones don't spread all over the place, they are only in the middle of the body and around the head. Moreover, the bones in the tail and the most upper and lower sides of the body are edible. The way that this uncomplicated smooth white meat meets sambal terasi is irresistible.




Number 2 : Masakan Padang (Padangese)

Rice (with gulai broth), rendang meat, egg (behind the rice), and cassava leaves
 
Oh God, sweet goodness. This is like the definition of spice. This kind of foods from Minangkabau, West Sumatra is like combination of spicy curry foods with yummy fried foods and sweet, smooth vegetable thrown within. My favorites are the gulai ayam (chicken curry) and gulai otak (cow brain curry). Put them on my plate with them vegetables and there would be no guarantee that I will be satisfied with only two portions of rice.
 
Number 1 : Yammie Hotplate
Hotplate noodles with grilled duck
 
Yes, Yammie is a fast food booth chain in case you noticed from the picture, but it's really good, so I particularly don't care. The sauce is heavenly there. My favorite mall, and also the nearest one to my home is Istana Plaza (IP for short, it means Castle Plaza). I go there around once or twice a month and I always order the same menu in this food booth, the chicken mushroom noodles. The noodle sauce, black mushroom sauce, and the spicy chilly sauce mix together with the noodles become what you call satisfaction. Try once and maybe you will understand what I meant.
 
Ahh, for the drinks I won't go too deep, but let me just list what I like.
 
Number 3, 2, and 1 : Cola with Condensed Milk, Milk Tea, and Strawberry Milkshake
You know, there is a big secret that links all them drinks together. Are you ready to know it? They all contain . . . . . milk. Yes, for some reason, I really like milk and I also like drinking just milk but combination drinks like this that feel really good for a sweet-tongued like me.

Well, that's all for my favorite food. Stay tune, eh. Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment