A site about me, and some English assignment.

Saturday 1 November 2014

My Day in Matswapati (I)

09:18 Posted by Unknown No comments
Sorry for the really late update. You can see that somehow I am writing a diary-like long prose here which is really hard to maintain your motivation until the end. But please, enjoy.

In case you don't know what Matswapati is, it is some kind of a cultural event that was held last Sunday, 28th September 2014 in Bali field (here I'll use the usual nickname Lapbal) to commemorate Bandung's birthday. There was some stage, attraction, and stand opened there. Last Sunday, the X-IPA 3's students got a chance to open a stand there with a collaboration with XI-IPA 3.

My time in Matswapati was really fun, enjoyable, with a bit part that made me felt guilty or bad that are best not remembered. I woke up on my usual time and did some preparation. The class' dress code was somewhat peculiar. Wear a plain black t-shirt, and tie the sleeves of long-sleeved batik around your waist and voila, a said-to-be semi-formal batik dress is done. But I have to admit that this peculiar way to dress is really neat, somehow. I didn't have any plain black t-shirt though, so I wore black t-shirt and packed two batik, just in case in my bag. Off I went to Lapbal.

By the time I got there, there was already a gateway made of bamboo. I could see the committee busy with their works. I went in. Lapbal is consisted with a building filled with a badminton courtyard, a little basketball field, and a spacious field used for track and field activity or even football. the building was used for the committee, the basketball for the food court, and the spacious field for the stand and the stage. But it was so spacious that the middle of the field was empty that looked really bad. Our stand was near to the stage, only two stand away from the stand. The decoration was pretty bad though. Picture a white stand with some table on top of some green grass, picture a handmade face of cepot being taped to the back, beside it is a board with some circle on it for the games, and decorate the rest of the stand with some newspaper, and you're good to go. That was the time where my thinking of the event got very pessimistic, but well I could just enjoy it.

After changing into a black t-shirt I borrowed from my friend, putting a peculiar headband, and some face-painting (water based paint to the face), I was ready to parade around the district. Our class seemed really enthusiastic to be the most enthusiastic in the parade and win a million rupiah. We created an anthem based on a memorable song from our three-days-semi-military-training that we had to sing dozens of times before we were allowed to eat. It seemed that we got a chance to relive that memories again because that day, we were also singing that song until our voice weaken, at least mine did. The public reception was kinda good, some people were curious I guess. Considering that our class was the noisiest one, not getting any reception would be sad indeed. At the end of the parade was a kuda lumping attraction, some kind of dance using horse prop and one person gets purposely possessed to do some extreme attraction like eating glass and being crazy. The students merrily watched it together.

 After that, the gate opened, we went inside. There was no visitor though. So, I went around the place. I visited the other class' stand, the sponsor's stand (I got sad and a little guilty seeing the sponsor came to this empty field). And then, I strolled around the area, the other stands, the food court, and the stage. The other class' stands contained things like accessories selling, mini games, even fortune telling. After strolling around and talking to my friends, I went to watch the attraction. Even though what I wrote seemed to imply that the event was bad, actually it was not that bad at all. The attraction were good, like jaipong dance, benjang fight, even dangdut song. One of the things that I won't forget about this event is karambol or in its English name, carrom. It's a member of billiard family where you strike the ball to get in the pocket, the differences are that the balls are some round glass pieces and you strike the ball by flicking it. That time, I was playing the game with my friends at stand X-IPA 1. Imagine yourself playing pool (actually karambol) while jamming to some groovy musics (well, dangdut. But it was groovy anyway). The best part was that I, well didn't pay. The rate was five thousand rupiahs per five minutes. The first five minutes, I paid. The two games afterwards, I didn't, nor my friends. The security was lax and free. So, even though we played really long consecutively. Nobody really even bothered to check if we had paid or not.

After strolling around,I went to the food court to bought my food. I bought standard sundanese food, rice, chicken, tempe, and tofu. I ate at my own stand, sitting on the table there since no one was coming anyway. After finishing my food, I went to the mosque outside the Lapbal. The gatekeeper put a stamp mark on my body to make me able to come in again later without paying. The mosque was filled with the students and committee praying there. I also saw my friends there praying too. After praying, I and my friends laid down on the floor there, some were playing with their phones, but I were not doing anything, just laying there. It felt so nice,with my head rested on my friend's foot and my eyes on the amazin murals on the ceiling. So peaceful. I could sleep there at that time.

And this is the end of part I. I'm going to upload part II real soon. Promise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment